Sunday, November 11, 2012
Window Shop Blog Hop
I head about this hop just today by reading Cynthia's blog Antiquity Travelers Not only is this a great idea, there are prizes to be won! (more about that later)
Rita of Toltec Jewels For Jewel School Friends created this hop.
You, too, can join in! Post photos of items from your shop and/or others.
To start here are a couple items from my shop:
a cute snowman shirt can be made in youth and adult sizes
How about a silk velvet scrunchie for your hair?
What a gorgeous bracelet made by Cynthia of Antiquity Travelers! She creates and sells even more wonderful jewelry!
Come on over to Rita's blog and learn how you can participate and win prizes. About those prizes--There are FOUR awesome prizes to be won! See them at the end of this POST. (They are compliments of jewelry artists and inventors Barbara Carlton (software) and Cindy Lichfield (Cloud Dome items).
Why support local and handmade? Here are just a few reasons. Be sure to include additional reasons in your comment.
1. You may "meet" the maker of your item
2. Care and love has been put into the product
3. The negative effects on the environment are greatly reduced
4. You will receive a unique item
5. There's a greater chance that human rights have been respected
7. support of independent makers
8. You will contribute to restoring a sustainable and personal element to the global economy
11. Your item may be one of a kind
101 Reasons to Buy Handmade
10 Awesome Reasons to Buy Handmade Gifts This Year on Handmadeology
Why Buy Local? graphic map
Time article on buying local
photos by me and Cynthia © 2012 all rights reserved