Friday, May 9, 2014

yellow

I had fun walking around my house and yard today photographing things that are yellow--and some that are not!  Here are a few yellowy offerings...

My son just graduated from the University of Cincinnati in Mechanical Engineering Technology.  Here are his cap, tassel, and 3 honor cords.  (Yes, we are very proud of him!  4-point-0!  OK.  I just had to say it!)


a branch of a young cedar bush in my front yard.  I love how the gold tips the green.


detail of a tulip bouquet given me by my husband for Mother's Day.

the cord of a compressor that has taken up residence in our hallway for I'm-not-sayin' how long!  Someday, our kitchen chairs will be recovered and this baby can go back home where it belongs!


Buttercups are blooming in my yard.


a yellowing crab apple leaf has fallen to the ground.



Alphabe-Thursday, hosted by Ms Jenny, is so much fun!  This week our letter is "Y." Come visit others' submissions HERE and join in the fun!  



photos by me  © 2014  all rights reserved

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun treasure hunt, and you got some great shots too. Congratulations to your son… I can't wait to be able to show off my daughters' tassels too! Visiting via Alphabet Thursday - #26

    ReplyDelete
  2. These macros are delightfully delicious! Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be a very proud Mother too. Nice to know that he is well on his way to adulthood!
    Love the buttercups. And Happy Mother's Day to you {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs. Congratulations to your son! You have every right to be one proud mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos and a terrific reason to be so proud! Love yellow! Love the post. I wish you a beautiful Mother's Day! Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such interesting yellow finds! I love the tulips and the buttercup, so lovely!!
    And congratulatios to your son again...that is just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love yellow in the spring! all wonderful photos! I can see why you are soooo proud of your son!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!