Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sail Away (#2)

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  
~Mark Twain 
 
It's a good thing to have all the props pulled out from under us occasionally. It gives us some sense of what is rock under our feet, and what is sand. 
~ Madeleine L'Engle
Down to the beach where the slow waves thunder -
The green curls over and the white falls under -
Boom! Boom! Boom!
On the sun-bright sand....
And there I'd say to myself as I looked so lazily down at the sea,
There's nobody else in the world and the world was made for me. 
~A A Milne

What does sailing and the ocean have to do with the letter Q?  you ask.  Why Q stands for quotes, of course, of which there are 3!  Cold and snow and ice prevail in my world at present.  I am ready to dream and explore somewhere warm.  I'm ready to remove the props and discover rock. I'm ready to sail from the safe harbor and perceive how the world was made for for me.
This is a fun weekly meme, under the direction of Jenny Matlock.  This week, our letter is "Q."  Have some fun and come join HERE.  This is a great way to exercise your creative muscles AND you will be amazed at all the bloggy goodness to be found! 


 photos © by 2007 and 2008  all St. Maarten, NA

28 comments:

  1. I am sure you need those beautiful pictures to remind you of what the world was like before snow.

    I enjoyed the quotes and the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did indeed wonder where the Q was... and Quotes are a great idea!!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to sail off to some place warm at my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quotes & great blog too!

    XOXO Lola;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quotes and photos are great but I like what you said at the end the best. --leaving the safe harbor and perceiving what the world has in store for you is a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the shots.Dreaming of warmer weather already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures, make me think of holidays !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Save some room on that ship for me! And if we could sail to a place with green grass that would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fine quotes... with lovely photos of sailboats on blue waters...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos were wonderful and the quotes didn't disappoint, either!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That middle photo looks very much like one I took on the California coast many years ago. All of the foam reminded me very much of an old-fashioned lace curtain lying in the water. This post brought back some wonderful memories! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos and wonderful quotes! Now I'm dreaming of sailing away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quotes and pictures! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good take on this one. The photos are spectacular and makes me wish I could go on a vacation. I'm not a very good traveler these days, so will have to content myself with just looking at beautiful photos. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post. The photos make me long for summer, while the quotes shunt my mind into thinking mode! There is much truth to be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how wonderful to be laying on a sunny beach of sailing on that bright blue water.

    Yup... tired of the snow... :(

    Happy Weekend!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the blue skies and sails in your photos...and lovely quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos, and a great AA Milne quote. I wonder if I have enough brain cells left to memorize it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. great pics and quotes! I wish I were out on the sea, sailing... Love your fun weekly meme - I might try it! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful quotes, beautiful pictures...

    all in all...a perfect link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "Q".

    Thank you for linking.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Mark Twain quote. So true...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!