Monday, March 26, 2012

Turquoise and Red: a Challenge!

"Your challenge is to create any item with turquoise and red as the primary colors.  You can incorporate other colors, too, but turquoise and red must key components." Thus states the Challenge given by Rose of Random Creative for this month's Blogging Business Artisans team.

Since I've been making a lot of cards the past couple weeks, I decided to challenge myself to make some in this color combination.  The two colors are gorgeous together and I had fun creating!


° light turquoise cardstock 
° design stamped in chocolate ink and  colored in with chalk
° red frame left over from another project


° turquoise chalk edged around the inside of the frame 
° 2 more stamps colored in with chalk and edged with turquoise chalk
° details added with chocolate marker
° nest stamp popped up






The base of this card was made in a class.  The card was stamped in black ink on white cardstock and then run through the Cuttlebug to pop out the daisies.

 
° daisies colored in with red chalk
° card edged with turquoise chalk
° light turquoise organdy ribbon tied along the folded edge
° butterfly punched out of turquoise flowered paper, edged with turquoise chalk, and 3 silver metallic beads glued along center  
° the butterfly's wings are folded up slightly for 3-dimensional effect




° turquoise cardstock with cuttlebug embossed design along bottom front edge
° strip of red and cream flowered paper
° strip of solid red paper
° and yes, crazy me, I cut the grass by hand!
° 2 pre-made designs attached (3 silver metallic dots on fence, googly eye on ladybug)




° turquoise and red tags cut with Cricut Expression, both edged and marked with chocolate stamp pad and glued together
° printed nest from The Graphics Fairy, torn out by hand, chalked with light tan and edged with chocolate stamp pad
° "thanks" and "many thanks" stamped in chocolate
° copper glimmer mist sprayed on
° yarn tie

more about the team and monthly challenges:
Blogging Business Artisans was formed last October to support and help its members grow artistically and professionally.  It's been a great joy to be a member of this team!
The idea was conceived of holding monthly Challenges to help us grow and stretch our imaginations.  Team members must complete 6 of the 12 challenges within a year.


LINKS to my past BBA Challenges:
January  New Mittens, Old Sweater!  a challenge! 
February  LOVE: a Challenge!

photos by me © 2012 all rights reserved

13 comments:

  1. I love all of the cards and tag you created! I was going to say my favorite was the ladybug one, but the tage is really gorgeous. Great job playing with this color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! This was such a fun challenge- I really love your first card:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did this color combo justice! The cards look great in those colors!
    I can't believe you cut the grass by hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE an artsy girl! You do awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, Margaret! The birds are really sweet. I love the mix of colors and themes for your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all those cards! You are so talented Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! I especially like the second with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - Those a re all really beautiful! What a fun answer to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The butterfly one is gorgeous and something I would frame. And I like the tag!!

    Erika
    Artful Rising

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the nest stamp - the two cards are so different, but it's the same stamp? Pretty what you can do with it. And I like your grass - I tried something like that on a page, but yours looks so much better! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you came up with! I think the butterfly one is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them all! I have trouble imagining how cards are made so I'm glad you included the process of each one. I think the first one is my favorite -- I love the frame and how you chalked the turquoise inside it! Great challenge projects!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!