Friday, February 6, 2009

a frozen landscape

Winter came quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow.
(adapted from a quote by Bill Moran, Jr)
Winter Morning Poem
Ogden Nash
Winter is the king of showmen
Turning tree stumps into snow men
And houses into birthday cakes
And spreading sugar over lakes
Smooth and clean and frosty white
The world looks good enough to bite
That's the season to be young
Catching snowflakes on your tongue
Snow is snowy when it's snowing
I'm sorry it's slushy when it's going

photos taken by me--©2009

2 comments:

  1. beautiful poetry and exquisite pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard that poem before. Very funny!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!