Friday, January 13, 2012

humuhumunukunukuapuaha

What??!!
Yesterday, I posted about some memories of a trip to Hawaii.   I stated that I had fun learning how to say the name of the state fish, a trigger fish.
photo © Will Deutsch

Today, I'm going to teach you how to say it!  "Why should I bother to learn such a complicated thing?"  you ask.  "To impress your kids and your friends, of course!"

Are you ready??!  Here goes!

humuhumunukunukuapuaha

hoo  moo
hoo  moo

noo koo
noo koo

aah
poo

aah

ha

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! That's such a big name for a little fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have a knot in my tongue, I tried to pronounce the name of the fish, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I managed to say it after my first try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial on how to say humuhumunukunukuapuaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable little fish.... BUT--what a name for him... I'm sure I wouldn't impress anyone the way I tried to say that word.... ha ha .. But I tried...

    Thanks, Margaret... I'll try to remember this one.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha very fun! The fish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL ~ you are too cute! That's a big name for such a pretty little fish!

    Your trip to Hawaii looks like it was wonderful!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!