Thursday, September 13, 2012

quiet





earth's peaceful clothing--
soothing greens and serene blues
pacifies my soul


Mistaya Lake in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada.


I'm linking up with my favorite teacher, Ms Jenny Matlock, as we work our way through the alphabet.  Please do go visit the other students, for you never know what gems you may find--humor, poignancy, information, visions of far away places, stuff you've never even dreamed of!  Check it out HERE.  You may even wish to join in yourself!  This week our letter is "Q." 

 
photo and haiku by me © 2012 all rights reserved

16 comments:

  1. Quiet except for the sound of the breeze in the trees and the birds chirping away right? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simply beautiful view of the lake. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had any power it would be teleportation...and I'd put myself in that photo right now! So serene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, peaceful spot. I'd love to be there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Edi that this is such a serene setting! That's the exact word that came into my mind when I saw your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our cousins live in Banff and we have been there often. What a lovely place! So peaceful and QUIET. Wonderful photo, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what I would give to be there right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could certainly go for a quiet moment in a place like that! Never been but the hubs keeps talking about taking a road trip! Might just have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a gorgeous shot! Would love to be out there right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a stunning photograph! your totally captured the quiet...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Banff is such a magical place. Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was quite a magical post.

    I need quiet today.

    And calm.

    And this picture was very inspiring.

    Thank you for sharing it.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!