Saturday, June 27, 2009

St Maarten (the maps)

I'm off on a much needed vacation! So I will be personally awol for a week. When I get back, I'll have much catching up to do, but in the meantime, here I am!

Sint Maarten/Saint Martin is a beautiful island in the Caribbean, half Dutch, half French. It has many gorgeous beaches, some very secluded, some rockin'. I will be staying on the Dutch side in the south on Pelican Key. I was here last year in February (and several times prior as well), so I will be posting photos from those visits.

There is a beach bar here called Sunset Bar. You can see it here on the left. This is a great place to wait for your plane to leave after you've checked in.




St Maarten is famous for planes flying right over Maho beach into
the airport. They seem to come dangerously close.











photos by me © 2007 and  2008

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have an AMAZING time on your vacation! I've been to St. Maarten but only once for a day while on a Caribbean cruise. Such a beautiful island, wish we could have stayed there longer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no idea you were going to a tropical island! Gorgeous! I'm so jealous but hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Carribean! You MUST have had a blast! My family went to the British Virgin Islands, in memory of dad, a few years ago. It was all so relaxing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!