Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Flowers: a Challenge



The Blogging Business Artisans team Challenge for the month of May was created by Sharla of Beaded Tail.

April showers brought May flowers so let's see them! Create something with flowers and let your imagination bloom!

Ahhhh....the loveliness of Spring!  Flowers are blooming profusely at present.  I've enjoyed taking spins around my yard photographing them, especially looking at color combinations.  Some are very subtle like this one of soapwort, a tiny 5-petaled flower, displaying
tones of pink with anthers of lavender.  delicate and feminine.





There are bright and wonderful shades of yellow and gold in this coreopsis.



I love the delicate lavenders of this allium against the bright green foliage.



What a gorgeous pansy of blues, lavender, and golds!



I was inspired by the pink and yellow combination of
the Missouri Primrose and 


the pink Knockout Rose blossoms.


I thought it would be fun to dye a silk scrunchie in these colors.  

First I dyed the scrunchie a very pale yellow.  

After processing, I then painted pink flowers with deep yellow centers.  Little dots of light pink, dark pink, and deep yellow were then added.



order.  check in.  wash.  dry.  soak in solution.  dye.  steam.  wash.  dry.  soak in solution.  paint with dye.  steam.  wash.  dry.  sew.
photo.  list.
now in my SHOP!


My Blogging Business Artisans team sets forth a new Challenge every month.  The purpose is to encourage us to explore our creativity, to stretch our imaginations.  Perhaps we are re-working something we've done in the past or still do.  Perhaps we're making something entirely new.  It's always fun to see how others interpret the Challenge!


LINKS:
BBA's list of monthly Challenges 

Linky Party for the May Challenge 
May's Challenge


photos by me © 2013  all rights reserved

14 comments:

  1. Nice picture.. =)

    done follow,

    Follower no. 396

    do follow me back.. =) http://tengkubutang.blogspot.com/

    my 2nd blog : cat lover
    http://kucenkucenbelog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of all the flowers. I am addicted to flower photography right now. ^_^
    Your scrunchie turned out great! I have NO idea how to make one - so that makes me admire you even more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous scrunchie! Love the soft colours. Beautiful flower shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful! I love that scrunchie! It's so pretty! Thank you for participating in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos as always, and your new piece is really sweet. The colors are so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously unique flowers. Great job on the scrunchie.

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Pink Hibiscus Flower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty scrunchie. I love your inspirational flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pansy is GORGEOUS!! Your yard must be brilliant with color!
    I had no idea there were so many steps to your dying process...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, what is that blue flower at the top? It's amazing!

    Right now my windflowers are blooming...the flax should be along soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! Love the scrunchie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful flowers...love the pink rose :)
    And your scrunchie turned out so great. Your hand painted flowers are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful - your photos are just breathtaking! And the scrunchie is adorable! I love the way you painted the flowers on.

    So glad to have come across your sweet blog. I am now following along and I look forward to coming back :)

    Have a lovely day!
    Stephanie
    theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how your beautiful hand-dyed and painted scrunchie was inspired by the flowers you photographed. And such pretty flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!