Tuesday, August 4, 2009

chocolate cherry mouse

My friend Rachel brought a whole tray of chocolate covered sweet cherry mice to the celebration of my mother's life this past weekend. This was so thoughtful and apropos because my mother's name is Cherry.


Cherries are dipped in tempered chocolate, given sliced almond ears, chocolate chip noses, and red candy eyes.
So cute! And yummy, too!



See past posts about my mother here:
family photo of long ago beach time
Cherry Pie #2
Cherry Pie #1
sad
photos by me © 2009

20 comments:

  1. These are so cute! And how fitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable and certainly a fun way to celebrate your mother! I'm sure they put a smile on people's face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, those are just adorable. What a lovely and fun way to help celebrate you mother's life.

    Thinking of you my friend,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how clever Is that. Sending you a big hug. Take care..Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute!!! but their red eyes are so scary!!
    Patch

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful a tribute to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just too cute!! What a great idea!
    Thanks so much for adding the button for my give away blog to your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum! almost too cute to eat..but, it is chocolate - so CHOMP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute - inspired indeed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special treat for that day. What a great way to think of your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These little mice are too cute!!!! I must try and make some.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely friend! They are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute little mouse family. My mom makes something similar to these every Valentines Day (hers are made with Strawberries) for my kiddos. It makes them feel so special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice detail....i like!

    toddgourley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!