Thursday, April 26, 2012

wine

What, you may wonder, do some of these photos have to do with wine?  Follow along and I will tell you.
looking away--the view from the back of the building

We were "treated" (Is that the right word?) to an experiment of flavoring wine, a mixture of cabernet franc and merlot to be exact.  We sampled wine which had been processed with pine chips (yuck!), spruce chips (super yuck!), beech chips (OK), and apple chips (not bad).

along the back fence

The back of the building.  This is Richwood Plantation Historic Bed and Breakfast in Milton, Kentucky.  A gorgeous property, it consists of a main house, a carriage house, 2 cottages, and extensive grounds.  

Again you wonder, what does all this have to do with wine?

Last January, my husband and I were invited to participate in a Winter Wine Weekend, a weekend filled with....yep, lots of wine drinking.  There were 26 of us.  There were informal times and formal presentations like the one mentioned above.

The very talented Rose made labels for wine bottles in which roses were placed.  We each got to take one home.

Oh yes!  There was a murder mystery (written by the aforementioned very talented Rose).  This played throughout the weekend--from Friday evening when the characters were introduced to Saturday night when we cast our votes for who we thought the murderer was.  I played Leegal Eagal, a very bright lawyer.  I was suspicious, but not too much, and in fact I didn't do it!!  It was very hilarious and much fun!

This has nothing to do with the weekend, but I had to throw it in.  My daughter and her boyfriend made this cork board.  (Actually, I helped, too.)  My daughter is a wine rep for a distributor and gets a plethora of corks.  I like the way they are displayed here as you can see a variety of textures, colors, and text.


LINK:
Richwood Plantation

I'm linking up with my favorite teacher, Ms Jenny Matlock!  See others' completed homework assignments HERE. Come join in!  This week our letter is the wonderful, yet sometimes wacky "W."

 
photos by me © 2009-2012    all rights reserved

23 comments:

  1. fab photos!

    i don't know much about wine - other than i like drinking it :) but i've always thought that a tasting would be fun - especially with a murder mystery thrown in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cork board.. it looks super cool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful retreat...and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job for wine! It sounds like a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful weekend!!! I hope you guys had a blast:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your post♫♪ My husband glued corks into a large framed tray and we have a very nice hot plate now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous and fun! your photos are excellent, too! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what fun! I'd love to go to a wine weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, a woman after my own heart!

    What a fun way to spend a weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great subject for the letter W! Looks like a very fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that mystery play sounds like loads of fun! And wine tasting all weekend! Beautiful property! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos, a wonderful place, I love wine. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that corkboard is too cool! And your weekend sounds fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post - I would love to spend a weekend with a murder mystery theme - sounds so Hitchcock! Lots of fun and wine in the mix ;)
    I enjoyed visiting and am now your newest follower!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my most favorite posts yet :)
    Wine goes good with everything...so any photo can relate to wine in my opinion :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never been on a wine-tasting tour but I do think it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like my kind of weekend! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a wine lover, I enjoyed and appreciated this post. That building is beautiful! I would love to stay in such a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My friend,
    A good wine and good company is simply beautiful. Good post!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That must have been a funny experience ! the house is beautiful ! could live in that with cleaning staff, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love that first picture! and the one of the corks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like such a Wonderful vacation...

    Mr Jenny Would love it!

    I bet playing that game Was a Wild time...

    Thanks for linking to the letter W.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!