Monday, April 9, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

NEW 
I love baby leaves sprouting on tree branches.  These limey Spring-green leaves contrast with the azure sky.

LIFE
Three baby Meyer lemons.  How exciting!  The flowers have the most amazing fragrance.  I can't wait to see how this fruit develops.  (They are dark forest green now.)

FRAGRANT 
The fragrance of freshly mowed lawns wafts through the air in Springtime.


PINK
I was visiting my daughter in North Carolina this past weekend.  The azaleas are blooming abundantly everywhere!

OBVIOUS
Opening Day for baseball:  The Cincinnati Reds vs the Miami Marlins.  It's obviously Spring when baseball begins!


This is a very fun meme hostessed by Ashley Sisk in which 5 prompts are given and one must then take a photo to illustrate each one.  Come see how others have interpreted these words HERE!  You have till late Tuesday to join in for this week. 


Next week's words are simple, grain, transportation, stitch, bubble(s).
photos by me © 2012    all rights reserved

20 comments:

  1. Great set - I especially love the tones in your first image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love the creativity of the mown grass shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done as always! Freshly cut grass is one of my all time favorite smells. I always smile when I hear the first lawnmowers this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tiny baby lemons! Nice photos as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot stand the smell of freshly cut grass. I know I am weird but it makes me sneeze. Though your photo makes it seem more like creamed spinach:)

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pics are great! Love the obvious pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I've always wanted a citrus tree:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! I love the smell of freshly cut grass- what a clever interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fresh cut grass! It's so, well, fresh! Baseball always signals spring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's funny about the grass. A tradition, I suppose... Beautiful pics - I love the azaleas and the lemons (looks more like limes! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful choices for the Scavenger Hunt. What an original look at fresh mown grass! Love the green leaves against the blue sky, too! Is that a Tulip Popular?
    Have a greay day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cool set of photos! That first one would make a fabulous fabric I think. : ) New buds make me happy, too. I could almost smell the grass on that lawnmower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pics as always :) I've been working hard to take more pictures lately myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great challenge choices! The first is my favorite - but it's no secret I like trees. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots! I love the smell of fresh cut grass!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clever fragrant shot! I love fresh cut grass.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pink flowers and I love baby leaves on trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very fun! So nice to see the signs of Spring everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shots. The lemons and pink flower shots are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your scavenger hunt photos are terrific. The azaleas flowers are so pretty, and I love that lemons branch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!