Friday, November 23, 2012

Apple Chips

a simple recipe and oh so good!
My friend Rachel made these delicious chips and shared the recipe with me.



Ingredients
1 apple, tart is best.  I used a Granny Smith.
2 T powdered sugar
1/4 t cinnamon
1/8 t ginger

 

Process
Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Mix together powdered sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
Sift half of the powdered sugar mixture evenly onto the paper.  (I used a small strainer and a spoon as my sifter.)
Mandolin the apple.  This makes very thin slices.
Place the apple slices onto the sugared paper.  
Sift the rest of the sugar mixture onto the apples.
Bake at 200 degrees for approximately 2 hours.   

The longer they're cooked, the crispier they will be.  Less cooking and they will be more leathery.



Dear Ms.Jenny, I LOVE Alphabe-Thursday!  Thank you so much for hostessing this awesome meme AND visiting EVERY single post!
So begins Round 6 in which we start with the Letter "A."  This is my offering as well as "Alphabet Soup."  Come visit others' submissions HERE and join in the fun!


photos by me © 2012

8 comments:

  1. Yum! I am a sucker for anything with cinnamon. This sounds delicious and healthy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine how good the kitchen would smell if I made these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I will be trying these for sure! Thanks for sharing, Egretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandlittles LOVE apple chips!

    We haven't made them in some time so I appreciate the reminder!

    I need to go to the store before I pick them up from school today...perhaps we could make this simple recipe together!

    Thanks for linking!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look good - I'll have to try the recipe. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by at my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!