Thursday, November 1, 2012

xanthic


of or pertaining to a yellow or yellowish color...

a yellow mum blossom drippy with raindrops


gold tipped cypressWe planted new bushes in the front of our house after ripping out the old overgrown ones.


a somewhat tattered black eyed susan


Ginko leaves turn golden yellow in the Fall brightening the landscape even on an overcast day.

 
a late harvest--just a few days ago before the rain and chill.  I'm particularly proud of the carrots I grew--a first.  See the 3 small roundish orange carrots on the right?  
clockwise from the top:  edible nasturtium blossoms, carrots, basil, carrot leaves, tomatoes.


I'm linking up with my favorite teacher, Ms Jenny Matlock, as we work our way through the alphabet.  Please do go visit the other students, for you never know what gems you may find--humor, poignancy, information, visions of far away places, stuff you've never even dreamed of!  Check it out HERE.  You may even wish to join in yourself!  This week our letter is "X." 

photos by me © 2012 all rights reserved

22 comments:

  1. A new word and it means yellow! Lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking at the beautiful patten of petals in that dahlia! And, the color of yellow in nature, too beautiful. Lovely variety of shades and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos of autumn's xanthic gifts! The mum is especially beautiful with the water drops on its little petals. Thanks for sharing your Alphabe-Thursday post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your yellow pictures - That yellow tree is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cute chubby carrots! Your trees are yellow beauties, and that mum...!! Oh my, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You come up with some of the funnest words to use! A+ for creativity here :)
    Your mum shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! my favorite is the one with the nasturtiums...pretty and yummy all at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all the yellow, it makes my eyes very happy, thanks!

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative take for the letter X! Your macro work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went close-up, this is not a spider plant, it has a stem.

    You and I have the same teacher, Jenny. I wanted to do plants with yellow flowers.

    The ginko tree is school now is very green.

    Where are you, spring here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos, as always. And that's a great word! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh, they're all so pretty! plus, that is a gorgeous word :3

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much yellow beauty! and I learned a new English word, Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative. I would never have come up with a word like that. Beautiful photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat word. Wow, those carrots are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That word is new to me - but there are a lot of xanthic plants where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that mum! What a great shot! And I learned a new word too. What a deal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love to learn new things! It's funny because I used to think of yellow as a boring color. Lately, I've come to love it. I now think of it as bright and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful Xanthic images! When I was little and even up through high school, yellow was my favorite color. I love your photos, especially the mum. And your cute chubby carrots are awesome!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I am at our daughter, son in law, and grandbaby's home visiting, but wanted to stop by and say thank you for your lovely visit! & I hope you are able to stop by again Nov 9th when I share the fun coin purse blog hop that I joined.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a bounty full of color ~ fantastic!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh.

    Ahhhhh.

    These are all gorgeous but I am totally xcited by the gold tipped cypress picture!

    Thanks for the lovely X post!

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!