Thursday, November 15, 2012

zoom



What an awesome car!  Notice the name on the tire cover.  Peggy Sue drove into a gas station and hopped out of her car.  She was dressed in colors to match--yep, pink and white with a black purse and accessories.  Unfortunately, I felt it would be rude to try to snap a photo of her.
(This photo was taken while I was on vacation in Canada in early September.)

It's a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria identified for me by my neighbor David Snyder of CarArt, a wonderful artist who paints vintage cars!   



I'm linking up with my favorite teacher, Ms Jenny Matlock, as we work our way through the alphabet.  Please do go visit the other students, for you never know what gems you may find--humor, poignancy, information, visions of far away places, stuff you've never even dreamed of!  Check it out HERE.  You may even wish to join in yourself!  This week our letter is "Z." 
Oh how I hope Ms Jenny teaches another round of Alphabe-Thursday!  UPDATE:  and she is!  starting next week!  Thanks, Ms Jenny!

photos by me © 2012    all rights reserved

14 comments:

  1. OMG...I'm in love with this car!
    I still hope to get my Rambler painted pink one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I LOVE that car! (And I don't even like the color pink!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute car! I can imagine peggy sue wearing pink skirts with her hair up just hopping out of that car. thanks for the thought.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just imagine myself driving this car and go shopping !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful car! I love vintage cars; my dream car is a cherry red 1966 Mustang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great car! Not that I would love to drive around in it, sorry I'm not that (!) vintage, but I love to see them and think of all the things they have seen in their life.

    Saying 'hello' via Alphabe- Thursday - mine for letter 'Z' @ ImagesByCW is about Zug, Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, boy. That is the coolest car ever!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a treasure of a picture you got! Great colors! I wish you would have got a picture of the girl. How cool that must have looked. As much as I would have wanted to, I don't think I would have done it either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. now there's a car (although I personally aspire to a MG!) the pink is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a SWEET car! love the fenders, and the color ... need I say more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would really like to zoom around in that ride!

    Peggy Sue sounds like a fun gal!

    I wonder what her house looks like?

    Thanks for zis cute link to the letter "Z".

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!