Sunday, November 11, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday


NATURE 
Whimsically (or so it seems), we're having temperatures in the high 60s today.  This is a portion of the Little Miami River that I travel past often.  Because of the light today, scenery is somewhat muted.  I think this gives an overall serene feel. 


VINTAGE/RETRO 
I was looking for something vintage to photograph and found this nut chopper that once belonged to my mother. 


WHIMSICAL
I was having fun taking photos in the car wash today.  (Everyone does this, right?!)  I think the pattern created by water on glass with trees and bushes in the background is whimsical.


COOKING 
We got a brand spanking new stove yesterday!  woo hoo!  I had to try it out.  Here I'm making sauce to top noodles. 


WEEK'S BEST 
Who knows if this is the best photograph I took all week.  It is, however, a favorite, being as it's of a very special kitty--Oliver.  

This is a very fun meme hostessed by Ashley Sisk in which 5 prompts are given and one must then take a photo to illustrate each one.  Come see how others have interpreted these words HERE!  You have till Tuesday, November 13 at midnight EST to join in.

Next week's words are: 

  1. Vision
  2. Strong
  3. Buttons
  4. Map
  5. Favorite Fruit
I've never stated this before, but 99% of the photos I have posted on my blog are straight out of the camera!
photos by me © 2012    all rights reserved
 

12 comments:

  1. Your nature has a very familiar look to it (we'll be all brown with a hint of green here and there all too soon) and nothing beats a vintage nut chopper. Oliver is a handsome fella, so best is fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was admiring each photo - then there is Oliver! Magnificent!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done as always! We were blessed with unseasonably warm weather this weekend, too. I am also featuring a kitty picture for Week's Best this week. How can you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! Love your nature shot! We're having a nice, warm stretch also. I believe it is about to come to an end tomorrow though. Love the kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, Margaret. I just followed your blog and it will be up on my reading list. :) Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture of Oliver! So sweet ♥
    I haven't taken a picture inside a the car while it is being washed ;-) but yours certainly looks whimsical! A new stove? That's exciting. I would get straight to cooking too :)
    Have a great week ahead!
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your water is so clear! And your sauce looks so yummy!
    I would agree that this week's best is of Oliver :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nut chopper is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the water on the car window and Oliver is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin the vintage nut chopper. When I think of all my grandmas cooking utensils and how they all were thrown away...makes my heart sick.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!