To begin, tell 10 things about yourself that are true:
1. My daughter was born at home (with 2 midwives).
2. I love looking through a camera to catch the play of light on an object or to frame a scene just so. I started taking photos when I was a young child. I am most proud of a photo I took of my cousins when I was 10.
3. I love riding my road bike.
4. I haven't met a craft I didn't like. 2 days ago, I screen printed with my son.
(a little note: My son and a friend, Nancy, bought screens and equipment, studied the procedures, and made our screens some weeks ago. Nancy's etsy shop.
5. I have a degree in zoology.
6. I am a lover of cats. My first cat was named Chocolate.
7. I love to travel to places of beauty.
HERE is one of my travel posts.
8. I love to read. When I was young I would read late at night with a flashlight under the bed covers.
9. I love the beach.
6 years old
10. With a friend, I once created and ran a camp (for 3 years) where we taught children nature, art, science, music, and movement. It was a blast.
making seed collages
a guard ant
each child had their "own" tree which they painted with water colors on paper
1. Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2. Share “10 Honest Things” about myself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4. Tell those 7 people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
And now....(in no particular order)
photos by me © 2009